See and do
There is much to do, both in Nerja and its surroundings. There are a number of beaches, the closest to apartment, Playa Carabeillo, is connected to the east with the well-known Burriana beach. In the other direction lies several small beaches separated from each other all the way to the western edge of Torrecilla.
The magnificent cave system La Cueva de Nerja discovered as late as the 1960s. It is a fantastic experience even for those who visited the caves before.
During the winter there is skiing in the Sierra Nevada available. It’s short trip from Nerja and offers very fine runs. The microclimate in Nerja allows one to enjoy skiing in the Sierra Nevada in the morning, and then go down to Nerja and have tshirt on in the afternoon.
The nearest golf course, Baviera Golf is located about 15 minute drive from Nerja. Another couple of golf courses are within a reasonable distance.
In summer it is ideal not only for bathing but also for snorkelling and diving.
But there are also many other things to put on the bucket list
- Paddling a kayak along the coast
- Alhambra at Granada is an hour’s drive from Nerja
- Ronda with its graceful cut and bullfighting museum
- Gibraltar should have on his “bucket list”
- Caminito del Rey for those not afraid of heights
- Hiking Rio Chillar, Sierra Almijara, Tejeda, Alhama and the cliffs of Maro
- Horse riding
- Zip line
Then one can lie on the beach reading a book as well…